Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Days & Reflection

January 21-22nd
Our last day was pretty much comprised of watching everyone else go home. Michael and I and our new junior crew had one more day in the city and decided to make use of both days by: SHOPPING & EATING!!! I think some of my best meals were found on those days. I also finished my souvenir shopping for huge family and didn’t miss anyone. I had so much stuff leaving that I had to buy a new suitcase just for the flight home. I really wasn’t excited about getting back on the plane home but I was excited to go home to see my family and friends.









REFLECTION

I really liked Australia but I have to say I didn’t like it as much as I did Singapore. It just seemed too American/European and lacked a lot of the exotic feel I felt in Asia. I did really appreciate the cuisine there though because it was enough to be adventurous but also had safe options for days when all I wanted was a pizza…even if it had kangaroo or crocodile on it.
My favorite part of the trip was definitely the trips to the sanctuaries, Ernest Hills, Parliament and Google. All of them brought something new and interesting into my life and made my experience in Australia way more memorable. My least favorite part of the trip was having to dodge the floodwaters and not being able to help those in need. It was almost unreal because even when we first arrived there was flooding occurring but no one was panicking because its pretty normal in the rainy season. It didn’t really hit how serious it was until the news showed how the water kept rising and spreading and we became trapped that it was a eye-opening experience.
I was really proud of our group for buckling down and making sure we accomplished all we could on this trip. I really appreciated our TAs too, because they did keep us informed and tried to make the best out of our hairier situations. Without everyone’s cooperation, I think we still might be in Agnes Waters.
Australian business is way more relaxed than in America. They are also very straightforward and direct when addressing and speaking to one another. The fact that they are focused on information and innovation, alcohol, and sports is very unusual but also pretty cool for the younger business professional. I don’t know if I would ever want to work in Australia but I cannot say that they do not operate well or work hard to be a noticed world power.

No comments:

Post a Comment